We can use my current site for now I guess at http://jal.borntechi.com/, it has a fresh drupal installed already, I'll make you a login. We'll move it to your provider as soon as you are ready. Maybe we should choose a drupal template first before we go and put content on it.
Should we start a new drupal as I suggested? or should we use yours? what version is yours using? I was also wondering if it allows php content on the pages, I haven't had a chance to take a good look, but I think I only saw only text and html. There's some good stuff we can do with php. One thing I don't like about your site is the 2 sidebars. They take up too much space, I think 1 side bar should be enouf preferrably on the left side, this way we'll have more space for images and text. jal.org, we won't have control over the domain's ip if we change servers, we'll have to depend on him. He can take down our site at anytime or charge us for the sub domain at any time. Will this be a longterm thing? Free is good but you get what u pay for. matt On Aug 3, 4:02 am, Sunish Issac <[email protected]> wrote: > Matt, > Are you on windows or Linux or something else ? If on windows, download > wamp, and drupal. I can send the database so that you can do whatever you > want. Also the cureent site is not a full fledged domain, I was testing the > drupal's sites concept where more than one site can share the same modules > and files. But for our real site it would be better to have a separate full > fledged site. It was the testing process that broke the file download > options. > > Within 2 weeks I'll be moving to a new hosting provider (Amazon Ec) with > cloud computing, for better availability and speed. At that time we can > have the latest versions and revamp to the layout that you build locally. > > Sunish > > On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:34 AM, mattschinkel <[email protected]>wrote: > > > > > > > lets decide on the domain name, i will pay for it. also, where should > > we keep the site for testing? > > > Sunish, I would like to use yourhttp://jal.sunish.net/However, we > > should use the newest version of drupal > > > I would like to get something setup so we can begin.- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
