Hi Seb & all (please jump in!) > As first steps, I'll convert all tutorials on jallib into DITA files. I'll > split content, and we can then discuss what's good, what's wrong, what will > change for the next iteration. > > In the meantime, it would be nice to convert jallib intro doc to DITA. I'm > ready to do this, but I guess it could also nice if you could handle this > just to see how it looks like to work with DITA for real. I'll have to jump into this, but will have other priorities until next weekend (http://wiki.robotmc.org/index.php?title=Team_Building_Day). I'll make a start and I'm sure it will evolve to what we need - "I'm like you, Tuvok, making it up as I go along" ;).
> And agan finally, we at jal website are also wondering what content could be > put in the website. Some content derived from this documentation could also > be used to "feed" it. Documentation and website projects are dependent from > each other for the content. Yes... it is all about content... > > I don't understand. When "alias" is new, you have to update introduction to > talk about this new keyword (just the content about introduction, not the > whole document), and also tutorials, to update jal code I guess. Where is > the maintenance burden ? A large part of the introduction document (ID), are extracts of blogs. E.g. an extract of your pwm blog is the chapter of the ID on pwm. Similar, there should be an extended chapter on pwm (maybe without hardware, but with the jalapi doc) in the reference manual. And a collection of the blogs (including the hardware description, but maybe with a different start and end) could be a step-to-step guide, similar to Bert's book. So if something changes (like alias, but also api changes), all these documents must be updated to represent the new situation. >> > With XML, many things can be done, still you have a strict DTD to >> > respect. >> > We can derive from a DTD and enrich XML, adapt XSL stylesheets, but then >> > it'll be a real p.i.t.a... IMO. >> This is not what I propose. What I propose is that we create an >> extended dtd for our source and an xsl to convert our source to a >> valid dita document. In other words: a thin pre-processor. > > That's an option. I'm glad we have a XSL guru here for that :) > I don't understand and hope you don't refer to me. I programmed over a dozen languages and XSL was the only one of these I abandoned out of frustration (since it took me too much time to really understand) :( Joep --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
