>
>
> > What's your point on this? Do you understand the need and agree ? What
> > other solutions can you see?
>
> I have no experience with desk top publishing. Simple ASCII text and
> HTML has been sufficient for me and I don't want to invest much time to
> learn using 'fancy' tools.  But I do see a need for a documentation
> tool, but let it be simple to use.
>

Well, DITA is mainly about XML, so, using XLMMind XML Editor (XXE) for
instance, you can insert some element (paragraph) easily, but you sometime
need to go back in the hierachy to insert a new element (you can't insert a
title tag in a bullet list).

So, whatever the kind of tool, there will an investment, for sure. We make
it easy by providing templates, but there will be an investment. And the
question is: does it worth it ? Or keeping Word files here and ASCII & HTML
files there is enough ?

I don't want to impose anything on this, and am obviously open to any
suggestions that could fulfill our needs (which are, according to me: reuse,
multiple output format, multiple contents, scriptable, versioned efficiently
by SVN -- that is using plain text, easy to edit).



> > We need to decide something on this topic, which is an important one. One
> > decision being: "postpone"...
>
> The longer we wait the more work for converting existing docs. DITA
> seems OK as far as I can see.
>

>

Sure. For instance I want to start writing doc about Jaluino, but I still
need to have the correct tool.


Cheers,
Seb

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to