Hi Vasile,

2010/10/22 vasile surducan <[email protected]>

> Hi Seb,
>
> Looks to me that you have understand well that different DC motors will
> give you different EMF values:
> http://sirloon.net/loonaweb/sirblog/experimenting-back-emf-motion-feedback
> <http://sirloon.net/loonaweb/sirblog/experimenting-back-emf-motion-feedback>So,
> that's it, a poor method using an analog feedback, if you want universal
> solutions seems to me you have to switch on digital feedback, which as far I
> know can't be EMF.
>

Do you mean something like encoded wheels ? bemf is really nice to have
because it's not invasive, you can control any DC motors without modifying
the structure (which is great when hacking RC toys)


> You can't do it without modifying dividers.
>

Is electronic that limited ?? C'mon, there should be a trick !


Cheers,
Seb


> Vasile
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Sebastien Lelong <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, hardware guys,
>>
>>
>> Years ago, I built a DC motor control board, with back-emf sensor:
>> http://sirbot.org/sirbot-modules/dc-motor-controller-board/
>>
>> This board (and firmware) generates proper PWM signals to control 2 DC
>> motors, and in the mean time, collect data about produced back-emf voltage,
>> using ADC. There's no such power control of DC motors (which was actually
>> done using RC tank transistors themselves), it's just about signaling.
>>
>> Using this board, there's a warning I'd like to get rid of today. It says
>> "This board uses ADC (Analog-to-Digital-Conversion) to evaluate motor's
>> speed. Voltages produced by motors are often far greater than those ADC can
>> handle. There are voltage dividers on this board which keep those in correct
>> range. These voltage dividers are designed so voltage produced by motors can
>> be up to max 12V. If your DC motors produce more than 12V, you'll need to
>> adjust voltage dividers' values or you will damage this board. You've been
>> warned !!!"
>>
>> That is, if I'm using 24V DC motors, voltage coming to ADC will be too
>> great and could damage the PIC (or worse, I could get wrong data). On the
>> other side, using 5V DC motors, I'll obtain a narrow spectrum of values, as
>> it's always divided by 2 (a little more).
>>
>> How can I perform a voltage normalization ? Whatever the incoming voltage
>> produced by DC motors, I'd like it to be proportionally mapped to [0,5V].
>> I'd like this be dynamic (I don't want to unsolder/solder some resistors
>> each time I plug a new DC motors).
>>
>> Please explain to me with very simple words :)
>>
>>
>> TIA
>> Cheers,
>> Seb
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "jallib" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>



-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to