On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Sebastien Lelong <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Vasile,
>
> 2010/10/22 vasile surducan <[email protected]>
>
> Hi Seb,
>>
>> Looks to me that you have understand well that different DC motors will
>> give you different EMF values:
>> http://sirloon.net/loonaweb/sirblog/experimenting-back-emf-motion-feedback
>> <http://sirloon.net/loonaweb/sirblog/experimenting-back-emf-motion-feedback>So,
>> that's it, a poor method using an analog feedback, if you want universal
>> solutions seems to me you have to switch on digital feedback, which as far I
>> know can't be EMF.
>>
>
> Do you mean something like encoded wheels ? bemf is really nice to have
> because it's not invasive, you can control any DC motors without modifying
> the structure (which is great when hacking RC toys)
>
>
>> You can't do it without modifying dividers.
>>
>
> Is electronic that limited ?? C'mon, there should be a trick !
>

Variable gain amplifier. It modifying dividers in software keeping the ADC
resolution constant. Still a s**t...
:)

Vasile



>
>
> Cheers,
> Seb
>
>
>> Vasile
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Sebastien Lelong <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, hardware guys,
>>>
>>>
>>> Years ago, I built a DC motor control board, with back-emf sensor:
>>> http://sirbot.org/sirbot-modules/dc-motor-controller-board/
>>>
>>> This board (and firmware) generates proper PWM signals to control 2 DC
>>> motors, and in the mean time, collect data about produced back-emf voltage,
>>> using ADC. There's no such power control of DC motors (which was actually
>>> done using RC tank transistors themselves), it's just about signaling.
>>>
>>> Using this board, there's a warning I'd like to get rid of today. It says
>>> "This board uses ADC (Analog-to-Digital-Conversion) to evaluate motor's
>>> speed. Voltages produced by motors are often far greater than those ADC can
>>> handle. There are voltage dividers on this board which keep those in correct
>>> range. These voltage dividers are designed so voltage produced by motors can
>>> be up to max 12V. If your DC motors produce more than 12V, you'll need to
>>> adjust voltage dividers' values or you will damage this board. You've been
>>> warned !!!"
>>>
>>> That is, if I'm using 24V DC motors, voltage coming to ADC will be too
>>> great and could damage the PIC (or worse, I could get wrong data). On the
>>> other side, using 5V DC motors, I'll obtain a narrow spectrum of values, as
>>> it's always divided by 2 (a little more).
>>>
>>> How can I perform a voltage normalization ? Whatever the incoming voltage
>>> produced by DC motors, I'd like it to be proportionally mapped to [0,5V].
>>> I'd like this be dynamic (I don't want to unsolder/solder some resistors
>>> each time I plug a new DC motors).
>>>
>>> Please explain to me with very simple words :)
>>>
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Cheers,
>>> Seb
>>>
>>>  --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "jallib" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>>
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "jallib" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Sébastien Lelong
> http://www.sirloon.net
> http://sirbot.org
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to