> > I have not gotten FAT32 to run > yet... I'm still fighting with pata.
> I don't see why you can't get it running. Others have, and > I have had > no issues. It's really strange, last time I tried, a loop suddently wouldn't loop. So I did not get data from the disk. I've even examined the asm, and I could find no reason for the loop not looping ;-) I'll keep on trying... > For > your example, I don't see why you would need a song longer > then 30 > seconds, When I build something like that, someone will ask how to change the sounds. To have different sounds on christmas or the like. Perhaps I can tell him then to use 48kHz sampling rate, but I can not tell him to concatenate the sounds into one file, having the second sound start at byte number 10485760. The sounds have to be kept in separate files. And, you're right, the game machine is not a really good example for hour long wav files. But those files exist, and if I make a player, I want it to play those, too ;-) I could accept a limit of 1GB, as that is a theoretical limit for wav files. But it is quite common today to use multiple data chunks (which is not allowed according to the original spec), so the limit should really be the hard 4GB limit on file size FAT32 imposes. Greets, Kiste -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
