Hi Seb,

On 2010/11/29 11:23, Sebastien Lelong wrote:

_error message were counter before, as they just raise an error and stop
the compilation.

You may be right. So far I observed only the difference with the messages generated with -warn. But I understood from the announcement msg of Kyle that it applies to _error as well.

_ It's a good thing _warn messages are now counted. As
you said, the better option would be the compiler to check restrictions.

"Hiding" a warning message from device files will cause troubles eventually.

The case I was referring to is the _warn in the device files of only the 16f73 and 16f74 (no other device files have this warning). For this particular case it is overdone to consider the compilation as unsuccessful, therefore I want to remove this warning.

The returncode the compilation is still 0! So we could also decide to only check the returncode and ignore warnings in the log file.
But then we'll violate the rule 'warnings are errors'!

Regards, Rob.

--
R. Hamerling, Netherlands --- http://www.robh.nl

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to