Hi Vasile,
I have now discovered that if I turn off the LVP all examples work.
Apparently, activating the lvp causes both the Wisp and Pickit3 to interact
with it, causing this problem.
I'm going to always turn off the LVP from now on (if I don't forget!!)
Greetings and thanks again for all your responses.
Hans

Op zaterdag 17 december 2022 om 17:39:22 UTC+1 schreef vasile:

> [...]
>>> pragma target LVP           ENABLED     -- allow low-voltage programming
>>>
>>> pragma target XINST         DISABLED     -- extended instruction set
>>> pragma target DEBUG         DISABLED    -- background debugging
>>> pragma target CP0           DISABLED    -- code block 0 not protected
>>> pragma target CP1           DISABLED    -- code block 1 not protected
>>> pragma target CP2           DISABLED    -- code block 2 not protected
>>> pragma target CP3           DISABLED    -- code block 3 not protected
>>> pragma target CPB           DISABLED    -- bootblock code not write
>>> protected
>>> pragma target CPD           DISABLED    -- eeprom code not write
>>> protected
>>> pragma target WRT0          DISABLED    -- table writeblock 0 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target WRT1          DISABLED    -- table write block 1 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target WRT2          DISABLED    -- table write block 2 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target WRT3          DISABLED    -- table write block 3 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target WRTB          DISABLED    -- bootblock not write protected
>>> pragma target WRTD          DISABLED    -- eeprom not write protected
>>> pragma target WRTC          DISABLED    -- config not write protected
>>> pragma target EBTR0         DISABLED    -- table read block 0 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target EBTR1         DISABLED    -- table read block 1 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target EBTR2         DISABLED    -- table read block 2 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target EBTR3         DISABLED    -- table read block 3 not
>>> protected
>>> pragma target EBTRB         DISABLED    -- boot block not protected
>>>
>>> WDTCON_SWDTEN = OFF                     -- disable watchdog
>>>
>>> const USB_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN = TRUE
>>> include delay
>>> include usb_serial
>>> include print
>>>

>>> -- constants
>>> const  byte str_welcome[] = "JALLIB USB Serial Demo app\n"
>>>
>>> -- variables
>>>
>>> -- interrupts? No thanks
>>> -- INTCON_GIE = false
>>>

>>> -- setup the USB serial library
>>> usb_serial_init()
>>>
>>> var bit has_shown_welcome_msg = true
>>> var byte ch
>>>
>>> delay_1s (5)
>>>
>>> -- main loop
>>> forever loop
>>>
>>> if !defined(USB_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN) then
>>>       -- When the interrupt mode is not used we need to poll the usb ISR
>>> function
>>>       -- on a regular base, in order to serve the USB requests otherwise
>>>       -- this call can be removed.
>>>       usb_serial_flush()
>>>    end if
>>>
>>>     -- check if USB device has been configured by the HOST
>>> if ( usb_cdc_line_status() !=  0x00 )  then
>>> if !has_shown_welcome_msg then
>>> has_shown_welcome_msg = true