From: Samuel Sadek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fwd: Re: Matcher/Mailet Library

I would appreciate it if anyone can provide some useful input into this
issue.

Thanks,

Sam.

>From: "Samuel Sadek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Matcher/Mailet Library
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:56:45 +0100
>
>Noel,
>
>I have successfully reformatted the body attachment message, and have used
>the Mail.setMessage(MimeMessage) method to modify the original multipart
>message content. When I then referred to the actual file content it still
>had the body attachment line length of 60? Why hasn't the method updated
>the
>message content with the newly recreated version with the 76 line length
>reformat using the mentioned method?
>
>Please find the following mailet which does the actual reformatting:
>
>public class ReformatAttachment extends GenericMailet {
>
>       /*public void init() throws MessagingException {
>    }*/
>
>    /**
>     * Reformats all body attachment line lengths to a max of 76 chars
>        * as per SMTP standard.
>     */
>    public void service(Mail mail) throws MessagingException {
>               MimeMessage message = mail.getMessage();
>
>               if (message.isMimeType("multipart/*"))
>               {
>                       //Create the reply message
>                       MimeMessage reply = new
>MimeMessage(Session.getDefaultInstance(System.getProperties(), null));
>                       //Copy all headers
>                       Enumeration heads = message.getAllHeaders();
>                       while (heads.hasMoreElements()) {
>                               Header head = (Header)heads.nextElement();
>                               if (head.getValue() != null)
>                                       reply.addHeader(head.getName(),
head.getValue());
>                       }
>
>                       try {
>                               //Create the message body
>                               MimeMultipart multipart = new
MimeMultipart();
>                               MimeBodyPart origPart = null;
>
>                               int c = 0;
>                               for (MimeMultipart multi =
(MimeMultipart)message.getContent(); c <
>multi.getCount(); c++)
>                               {
>                                       MimeBodyPart part = new
MimeBodyPart();
>                                       origPart =
(MimeBodyPart)multi.getBodyPart(c);

>                                       //Copy all part's headers
>                                       Enumeration partheads =
origPart.getAllHeaders();

>                                       if (partheads != null)
>                                       {
>                                               while
(partheads.hasMoreElements()) {
>                                                 Header header =
(Header)partheads.nextElement();
>                                                 if (header.getValue() !=
null)

part.addHeader(header.getName(), header.getValue());
>                                               }
>                                       }
>
>                                       if (origPart.isMimeType("text/*") ||
>"text/*".equalsIgnoreCase(origPart.getContentType()))
>                                       {

part.setContent(origPart.getContent(), origPart.getContentType());
>                                       }
>                                       // ...else reformat content line
lengths to 76 max chars
>                                       else
>                                       {
>                                         //Create the message
>                                         ByteArrayOutputStream bout = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
>                             OutputStream out = (OutputStream) bout;
>                                         InputStream in = null;
>                                         //InputStream in =
origPart.getInputStream();
>                                         Object obj =
origPart.getContent();
>                                         int i = 1;
>                                         int b = -1;
>                                         if (obj instanceof InputStream)
>                                         {
>                                                 String enc =
origPart.getEncoding();
>                                                 in =
MimeUtility.decode((InputStream)obj, enc);
>                                                 //Read in every byte
>                                                 while ((b = in.read()) !=
-1)
>                                                 {
>                                         if ( i == 77 )  {
>out.write(10);
>                                                                 i = 1;
>                                                         }
>                                                         if ( b != 10 )
>                                                         {

out.write(b);
>                 i++;
>                                                         }
>                                                 }
>                                                 out =
MimeUtility.encode(out, enc);
>                                                 out.flush();
>                                                 out.close();
>                                         } // End if
>
>                                         //create the datasource
>                                         MimeBodyPartDataSource mbpds =
>                                         new MimeBodyPartDataSource(
>                                           origPart.getContentType(),
origPart.getFileName(),
>bout.toByteArray()
>                                         );
>                                         part.setDataHandler(new
DataHandler(mbpds));

part.setFileName(origPart.getFileName());