Paul,

Wait a minute ... are we talking about the same thing?  I agree that there
needs be a Mailet API that is a real, first class, Java API for
Matchers/Mailets to interact with the container environment.  I am
disagreeing with the proposals that use AJP or other protocol to effectively
run matchers/mailets in RMI servers separate from the container.  I am
disagreeing with an archtecture organized around distributing the server
across its internal architecture, as opposed to distributing process at the
message level, using the RFC-defined protocols.

I thought that you were advocating the use of AltRMI or SOAP.  I didn't
realize that you were raising those spectres purely to suggest that the
issue of distribution be ignored, and the actual API be the focus.

        --- Noel