> > As you already said, Redirect suffers from the need of backward
compatibility,
> > that we must guarantee. We could in the future create a new mailet, with
> > different name (which name BTW?) following more consistently the
conventions.

> This mailet has become a veritable swiss-army knife of confusion. :)

Always was.  I propose that for undocumented defaults, that we change them
to be consistent (as discussed in this thread), and document the changes.
Doing:

   <mailet match="All" class="Redirect"/>

should effectively do nothing because you haven't told it what to change.

> It might benefit by having some mailets that extend this with options
> hardset and a more understandable name.

Forward, for example.  :-)  By default, Forward requires nothing more than a
recipient list, and should normally do nothing but change it.  The Notify
and Bounce mailets are also pretty clean.

The one parameter whose default isn't related to "change/don't change" is
<passthrough>.  AbstractRedirect defaults it to false.  AbstractNotify
changes that so that Notify/Bounce mailets leave the original message in the
spool by default.  That behavior seems fine, so long as it is documented.

        --- Noel