2 things:
1. Packages .....yeah, my thought too ......
Is there a package definition in your class?

"<servlet code="package.servlet.class">"
Seems a bit more correct. Check this .....

2. ONLY IF you are using other than the default zone for your host:
You are refering to the "servlets"-zone  when stating:
"ApJServAction .jhtml /servlets/org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI "
Is this class available in the repository for the "SERVLETS"-zone?

And, if you are using a zone called /myzone/ for you own servlets
since /servlets/ is a default/root-zone defined at installation then
you have to make sure that virtual hosts inherit mounts if you want
to have "ApJServAction .jhtml /servlets/org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI "
but use servlets from /myzone/.

I would suggest putting
"ApJServAction .jhtml /myzone/org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI "
in the virtual host container of the actual virtual host and
make sure JSSI is in the repository for this zone.

3. Come again - nothing in the logs?

//OLAS

Brevsville Administrator wrote:

 Hi Mamatha,

I've not been following this thread, but is your class file myservlet.class? or is part of a package ie com.something.myservlet etc?

Also make sure you have jserv logging set to "debug" and then look in your jserv.log and see if org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI is ever invoked. if not that indicates clearly that this is an invocation error rather than zone/servlet error.

hth

Chris

--Original Message Text---
From: Mamatha Katamneni
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:42:15 -0800

Hi

So your zone is called "servlets" ?
yes,the zone is called "servlets".

my .jhtml is like this

<servlet code="myservlet">
if u r seeing this text it means the web server doesn't support servlet tag
</servlet>

if i view the page source am viewing lines exactly the same as the .jhtml file and in the browser am seeing the text out put i wrote between the <servlet> and </servlet> tags i.e "if u r seeing this text....."

and am not finding any error messages in the log files of both jserv and apache.
i don't what exactly is the problem.does apache support server side includes?
thanks for showing interest in solving my problem,

Thanks,
Mamta.