-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Olaf David
Sent: January 16, 2001 12:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: jserv/servlets/jdbc

BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Hi!!!!
Since I'm a greenhorn, as far as jserv and java-servlets are concerned,
I have
some problems requesting data from an Oracle database through servlets
using JDBC.
I have searched the FAQ's and found an entry which was close to my
problem ("How to
get Oracle 7.3, JDBC (nativ) and Apache JServ running"). But still, my
servlet isn't
able to get any data from the database.

Here are my settings:
- Web-Server:   Apache 1.3.9
- JServ:        jserv 1.1.2
- JDK:          jdk 1.2.2
- JSDK:         jsdk 2.0
All of them running on my LINUX-System (SuSe 6.3).

-Database:      Oracle 8.1.5
Running on a SUN/SOLARIS server.

To start from scratch:
1.) Where do I get an adequate jdbc-driver from?
    I have searched the Oracle Technology Network (OTN;
http://otn.oracle.com/software/index.htm),
    but since I'm not quite sure which driver to choose ...
2.) In which directory do I have to install the jdbc-driver and
3.) which settings do I have to update in the configuration files of
jserv (jserv.properties, etc.).
4.) To get a connection to the database, I have to specify the URL to
this database (via the getConnection()-method).
    Since I have found differnt books whis differnt proposals for the
syntax of the URL, I don't know
    which of them is the right one for my problem.

Hope this was the right place for this questions!!!??

OLAF DAVID

<http://www.mail-archive.com/java-apache-users%40list.working-dogs.com/>