Hi, Ken,

Thanks for your email. You are right, I was meant to propose that Lucene
switch to use true UTF-8, rather than having to work around this issue by
fixing the caused problems elsewhere.

Also, conforming to standards like UTF-8 will make the code easier for new
developers to pick up.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

Jian