Hi Team,

in our Lucene 2.1 release we had several problems with our release files:
- build.xml in binary release didn't work - demos couldn't be built even
 though the demo sources were included in the binaries
- some contrib modules couldn't be built or testcases failed for some contribs
- LICENSE.TXT and NOTICE.TXT weren't included in the META-INF dir

Thanks to some recently committed patches and great help from other committers
all of the above mentioned problems should be fixed now.

I just built the release files from a current svn checkout and uploaded the files
to http://people.apache.org/~buschmi/staging_area/lucene/. Note that this is
not a release candidate yet. I would like to ask everyone to help testing
the build to ensure that we'll find possible additional bugs this time earlier
in the release process.

So please help testing the release files on different platforms with different
JVM versions.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

- Michael