Hello everyone,

I'd like to suggest a schedule here for the Lucene 2.2 release:

--> Feature freeze from Wednesday (06/06)

All features must be checked in by end of Tuesday. On Wednesday I will
branch the trunk and we will have a feature freeze on the branch. Then
only Jira issues with Fix version "2.2" and priority "Blocker" can still
be committed to the branch. Exceptions: the Maven patch LUCENE-622 and
javadoc patches.

Besides LUCENE-622 there is currently only one open issue in Jira with
Fix version "2.2": LUCENE-446. Doron is planning to commit this today.
So it seems that we are on track for a feature freeze on Wednesday.

--> 10 days for javadoc improvements

As suggested by Grant we want to use the features freeze to focus on
improving our javadocs besides testing. I would like to ask everyone
to contribute. Please open all javadoc patches with Fix version "2.2"
and type "Wish". All javadoc improvements should be checked in by
Saturday (6/16). Javadoc issues in Jira that are still open after 06/16
won't block the 2.2 release.

--> GA on Tuesday (06/19)

On the weekend I will build a release candidate and call a release vote
on java-dev. Once we have 3 binding +1 votes from PMC members I will
publish the files.

Please let me know whether you agree with the details in this plan!

- Michael