Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> 2. Release 2.4 so all of Mike M's goodness is available to 1.4 users
> within the next 2-4 weeks using our new release mechanism (i.e code

Hi Grant,

2-4 weeks seems quite soon considering that 2.2 is very new and that
there are a lot of open issues targeted for 2.3. For example, I would
like to get LUCENE-743 into the next release. And Mike is also working
on a couple of issues, like LUCENE-845, that, I think, should be
committed before the next release.

> Here is my +1.

My +1 for switching to JDK 1.5 with Lucene 3.0, however in a somewhat
relaxed timeframe. Releasing 2.3 in let's say 2 months seems more
realistic and reasonable to me.

Btw: I could also do the RM work again if you want me to, I'm in
practice now ;) (oh that reminds me that I should update the wiki
release page... will do)

- Michael