Thanks Adil. Then may I know what Application server I am using. How are the
major functions are Glassfish server handling?

Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:06:38 +0100
Subject: Re: [java ee programming] Difference between Applicaton and Web server
From: adilkarou...@gmail.com
To: anthonycklamp...@hotmail.com
CC: java-ee-j2ee-programming-with-passion@googlegroups.com

Hi Anthony,

Glassfish is an Web Server.

Regards
Adil KAROUACH

2011/4/4 Anthony Lam <anthonycklamp...@hotmail.com>

Hi,

I would like to clarify the concept behind Application server and Web server.
What is the difference between the two? I am using the Glassfish server under
Window Vista for my J2EE course. Is Glassfish an Application server or Web
server? If it is an Application server then what Web server I am using?

The popluar Web components I always heard of in the market is :

Tomcat
Apache
websphere
Jboss

Which of the products above are classified as Application server or Web server?

Thank you.

Regards,
Anthony Lam