That's strange. Since you don't close the writer usually adding the doc
would not modify the index (unless adding the doc triggered a merge).

You may want to check that:
1. writer and reader really opened against the same path;
2. reader isCurrent state also before adding the doc and after re-opening;
3. searched terms vs. added terms - might not be related to concurrency at
all.

Finally perhaps post here the code so people can take a look.