The standard tokenizer will strip off those escaped quotes at query time. Ditto for the hyphen at index time.

Try constructing your own analyzer using the white space tokenizer instead of the standard tokenizer.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: itisismail
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 1:52 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Lucene Query Wrong Result for phrase.

Hi I have created index with 1 field with simple message like (hello - world)
now when I create for search like +body:" \"hello world\"" & I should not
get any result because I have wrapped my search word in double quotes and
does not specify dash(-) between (hello and world) but I am still getting
that result.I am using Lucene version 3.0 & using snowball analyzer, also
use Cosntruct query likeString qry="+body:\"hello world\"";Query query = new
QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_30, "body", analyzer).parse(qry);Why lucene is
ignoring dash(-) while search is a phrase.