Hi Uwe,

You are right. Thankx! :)

- Best
Parit Bansal

On 01/04/2018 05:02 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
How about just indexing the field without norms?

Uwe

Am January 4, 2018 3:58:27 PM UTC schrieb Parit Bansal <Parit.Bansal@sib.swiss>:
Hi,

I am trying to tweak BM25Similarity for my use case wherein, I want to
avoid the effects of field-length normalization for certain fields
(return a constant value irrespective of how long was the document).
Currently, both computeWeight and computeNorm methods are defined final

in BM25Similarity.

In ClassicSimilarity, same was possible by overriding the lengthNorm
method. Is there a way around in BM25Similarity? Is there a possibility

to change it to non-final methods in new releases?

- Best

Parit Bansal

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen