Hello,
We started experiencing slowness with atomic updates in Solr after
upgrading from 7.7.2 to 8.11.1. Running several tests revealed the
slowness to be in RealTimeGet's SolrIndexSearcher.getFirstMatch() call
which eventually calls Lucene's SegmentTermsEnum.seekExact()..

In the benchmarks I ran, 8.11.1 is about 10x slower than 7.7.2. After
discussion on the Solr mailing list I created the below JIRA:

The thread dumps collected show a lot of threads stuck in the
FST.findTargetArc()
method. Testing environment details:

Environment details:
- Java 11 on Windows server
- Xms1536m Xmx3072m
- Indexing client code running 15 parallel threads indexing in batches of
1000 on a standalone core.
- using SimpleFSDirectoryFactory  (since Mmap doesn't  quite work well on
Windows for our index sizes which commonly run north of 1 TB)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q2DPNTYQEU6fi3NeXIKJhaoq3KPnms0h?usp=sharing

Is there a known issue with slowness with TermsEnum.seekExact() in Lucene
8.x ?

Thanks,
Rahul