[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I added a ComponentListener to my VSync applet.
http://pancyl.com/VSync.htm

The listener just prints out the name of the received event, eg. vsync.VSyncFS --- Resized vsync.VSyncFS --- Shown

Observations:

The flashing border happens everytime vsync.VSyncFS gains focus. That's probably unnecessary.

  That's intentional. Since now the window doesn't have a prominent applet
  "warning window" we felt it was necessary to draw user's attention
  to the fact that this window belongs to an untrusted applet every time
  the user switches to it.

When the taskbar is hidden or unhidden, no ComponentEvent is sent to
vsync.VSyncFS.  So if there are window/component related events being sent to
my Frame, I don't know what they are.

  I'll have to defer this to the AWT team.

Also, I noticed that in IE6 when I'm loading the applet and I open the Java
Console from the tray icon, the screen is cleared for the Java Console before
it opens and that makes a funny spot in the Java Splash Screen.

  So it works fine on IE7 or FF3?
  This will probably be better answered on the plugin forum.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri

DD
[Message sent by forum member 'demonduck' (demonduck)]