jav...@javadesktop.org wrote:
Hi Jim,

I perfectly agree with your analysis.
My point was not to have it in the same class as the Porter Duff rules
implementation.
The only thing I am looking after is having these "advanced blending modes"
working with hardware acceleration pipelines.

Given the latest evaluation of RFE 6541868, it seems that this will only happen for the ADD mode and maybe for the MULTIPLY mode also. However, for all the other modes, it seems that it is no longer in the plan to implement them as a Composite (was known as PhotoComposite API) that could be given to the Graphics2D object but rather delegated to the use of the JavaFX Blend classes. Unfortunately the JavaFX Blend classes cannot be used without a direct access to the destination surface and in my application I can only draw onto it through the Graphics2D returned by the BufferStrategy.
This is why I am trying to understand if there is another way I am not aware of
to use the hardware accelerated blending performed by JavaFX classes directly
with the BufferStrategy backbuffer without using an additional VolatileImage
that would decrease the rendering performances as compared to what we can
achieve with page flipping in BufferStrategy.

  There's no such way that I know of besides implementing your UI in JavaFX.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri

Any hint ?
[Message sent by forum member 'vync79' (vync79)]