Serge Bernier wrote:

Hi,

Nikolai V. Chr wrote:à

When I tried exporting animation from 3ds to vrml, it did not export
this link. It exported keyframes.

And btw. vrml does not support skinning/morphing.

Exactly, a 3ds animation to vrml create a bunch of files accordingly to the keyframe of the animation. I reconstruct the bones structure from the information in the first vrml file. After that I search in the other files only the information about the mouvement of the bones.

The rest of the job is to attach skin. I know the information is not in the
VRML files but I dont know if 3ds export that information in another format
(ex: ascii file)? Is there any other option when you export the animation to
vrml file (like export bones and mesh)??

Thanks

Serge Bernier

Selon "Nikolai V. Chr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Serge Bernier wrote:

Hi all,

I dont know how 3ds make the link between the
mesh and the bones.

When I tried exporting animation from 3ds to vrml, it did not export
this link. It exported keyframes.

And btw. vrml does not support skinning/morphing.

Regards
Nikolai

Agreed. VRML does not support skinning, and does not interpolate between keyframes either, both of which make it unsuitable for video game content.

If you're interested in creating a plugin for 3DS Max that can export
skins, you might want to look in to porting the plugin I've created for
Maya at http://www.kitfox.com/salamander/3d/salamander3d.html.

Mark McKay