Ive had and still have this problem too but im using opensolaris which uses
gtk too. Ive since gave up on the issue.

On Apr 10, 2010 9:39 AM, "Graham Allan" <grundlefl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>I, for one, am glad that Dick brought up the issue. I'd been having an
>odd problem where having ec...
I have had this problem both with the environment variable set, and unset.

Do you find that the problem occurs when combo boxes are involved? I found
that
the desktop freezes if a breakpoint is hit when the drop-down list is
activated. Something to do with the Swing application not being able to
process release of focus when the execution is paused, I think.

While you say you've not experienced the problem in a while, if it's not
been
solved by the environment variable, and you do come across it again, maybe
this will help.

Kind regards,
Graham