That's strange, it's saying it can't find that method.  Are you sure
you don't have older JAR files that don't match the newer native .so
library?  If you got the code from CVS, or the 1.0.2 version, then I
don't think it should say 1.0.1 for the version as it does below.
Make sure you removed all old JAR files and class files from your
CLASSPATH, put the new code in your CLASSPATH, and make sure you're
using the right native .so lib.