On 7/30/10 1:37 AM, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have recently accomplished a milestone in running the TCK for my
> libusb javax.usb implementation. I have implemented a working firmware
> for the FX2 card I have and I'm now able to get
> CONFIG1_TOPOLOGY_B6_IMAGE to pass.
>
> Some notes:
>
> I had to more less re-implement TopologyTestConfig1 as I don't have a
> full speed-only hub on my laptop. I also have other build-in devices
> that I can't get away from. I have implemented a XML-based DSL for
> setting up the asserts to perform and I think what I have is in
> principal the same as TopologyTestConfig1.
>
> The firmware is not complete but it's working and I can see the expected
> data with lsusb/USB Prober on Linux/OS X. Getting a complete topology
> firmware going should be quite easy now.
>
> The firmware is based on fx2lib [1] and sdcc [2] which should make the
> firmware buildable for a long time as the compiler and library are free,
> open source and builds on a whole lot of platforms. Implementing the
> functionality (and not just returning the expected descriptors)
> shouldn't be too hard with the current setup.
>
> [1]: http://github.com/mulicheng/fx2lib
> [2]: http://sdcc.sf.net

A few extra notes:

* Hot plugging will not be supported for now. libusb has it planned for
1.1 so I'm waiting for them to complete their stuff first. It shouldn't
be too hard to do once it's completed implemented in the lower levels.

* The code is available on github [1]

* The hope is that an implementation can be considered compliant if it
can submit a set of acceptable XML files it passed for each platform
it's claiming support (linux, windows, osx etc).

[1]: http://github.com/trygvis/javax-usb-libusb1

--
Trygve