Hello,

sorry for the delay.  I'm no longer the maintainer of the javax.usb project,
Brian Weischedel now owns it.  You should email the mailing list if you have
more questions.

For your specific questions below:
The Windows implementation is incomplete.  There is a full libusb
implementation that is being developed, which is probably what you should
work with.  You can get more information here:
http://cobain.arktekk.no/~trygvis/wiki/Implement_javax.usb_with_libusb

<http://cobain.arktekk.no/~trygvis/wiki/Implement_javax.usb_with_libusb>It's
not possible to block any devices using passwords with the javax.usb
library.  All devices are available through the library, with the only
access controls being in the native OS (i.e., if the native OS provides
per-device access controls, you can use those of course to prevent access,
but you have to manage them outside of javax.usb).