On 2/5/11 2:12 PM, Klaus Reimer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently writing my own implementation of javax.usb based on libusb
> with support for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. Device enumeration and
> simple control requests are working fine already. Now I'm working on
> bulk data transfer but what I'm missing is a way to test it.

So am I! It's been a while since I've done any work on it, but that's
mainly because those tools I've made work just fine now:

https://github.com/trygvis/javax-usb-libusb1

> What is the most easiest way to test bulk transfers? I have access to a
> USB camera, USB storage devices, a USB printer and a USB scanner. I
> don't care about real usage of these devices, I just want to read/write
> some data from a bulk endpoint to compare the result with the linux
> reference implementation. A naive approach to simply read some bytes
> from the bulk endpoint of a USB flash drive resulted in a hanging java
> process so I guess I have to send some control requests first, but I
> have no idea what requests are needed.
>
> Alternatively it would be nice to use the Test Compliance Kit but I have
> no Cypress Developer Board and I wasn't able to find one for a
> reasonable price yet. Does someone know where to get a cheap device
> which is compatible with the TCK?

The TCK is a horrible piece of code. I tried long and hard to get it to
run, but it requires a very specific setup. While I got some of it to
run and pass I ended up with error that might have been right, but I
couldn't figure out which values it actually required.

I started on a small tool that I use to run the new test I've ported,
but it's not very much maintained either.

--
Trygve