While this is more or less a moot point now, since you've removed the game, here's something to remember in the future.

You went about silencing JAWS in the wrong way to begin with. What you really _should_ have done was to load the game, then open the Configuration Manager. JAWS would have prompted you by telling you that a new configuration file was being created. The proper thing to do here is to press the OK button. Then, when the file opens, press ALT+S to open the Settings menu and press the letter A to open the Advanced options. The first item on this page is the Sleep Mode Enable check box. Check it by pressing the SPACEBAR. Then, press CTRL+S to save and ALT+F4 to exit the Configuration Manager.

In the future, when you start your game, JAWS will automatically be siolenced. Any time you either quit the game or use ALT+TAB to move away from it, speech will automatically return.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "jaws-users-list @googlegroups.com" <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "blind-computing @googlegroups.com" <blind-computing@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] jaws and sleep mode

hello all. I am having a bit of a problem and maybe some one on hear can help me out. When I play this game tecknoshock witch is a new audio game it audamadickley un loads jaws for me. the problem is when I excet the game I can't use the key stroke alt control j to have jaws come back up. The only way I have found to re start jaws is to completely shut down my computer and then re start it. Is there a way that I can keep that key stroke to re load jaws but when I exit a game to have jaws come right back up with out me having to press that key stroke since it doesn't seem to work anyways? This game is the only game I am having this issue with with other games like shades of doom I don't have this problem. I hope I am making my self clear. many thanks. from Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada.

Users List" group.