Hi Dale,

Although he is on DSL, the computer still uses a number to dial out.

While this number uses a part of the telephone line that is not normally
used in normal analog telephone operations, it requires dialling none the
less.

Having said that, These settings should be checked as I outlined in my

These settings are for normal use with Outlook Express, and, if the computer
is functioning normally, Outlook Express will automatically arrange these
settings so they are configured using Internet Explorer settings,

Sometimes, and I am a testament to this, Outlook Express will sometimes
change it's settings for no apparent reason than to change.  The same can be
said for Internet Explorer.

In either case, functioning or not, the settings I outlined should be
configured the way I mentioned.

Victor