I wonder how hard it is to program this autolock thing? I'm sure it is
implemented by some special software work places have and/or Windows tweaks the
average guy hasn't found yet.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Baracco, Andrew W
  To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:31 PM
  Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: Jaws reading log-in screens

  I think this  happens because the keyboard is locked.  Hitting
CONTROL-ALT-DELETE should get the speech back.  At my work, the IT folks have
the computers programmed to lock after 20 minutes of inactivity.  If I am in
the office when it happens, I hear JAWS read the screen that pops up, and then
it goes silent. Fortunately, this does not effect the Braille display, so I can
read that screen with the Braille display, even though there is no need to,
because all I have to remember is to hit CONTROL-ALT-DELETE and enter my
password, hit ENTER, and then everything is bakc to normal for at least 20 more
minutes.  The interesting thing though, and a bit off topic, is that for some
reason, this automatic lock thing is defeated by Window Eyes.

  Andy