Now folks I really don't want a major debate on this subject but Victor has
brought it to my attention and so I'm sharing part of his message with the
list. The point I'm trying to make by sending this out to the list is just
this, do your research and make sure what you're getting in to if an upgrade
to Vista is on the horizon for you. The information he has supplied to me is
that this message has come from a gentleman who does have credibility among
the blindness community, his name will appear at the top of the message. I
personally can neither confirm or deny any of what is to follow, like I said
be on your toes is all. My tag line is a direct quote from Smart Computing
magazine.
David Ferrin
Never purchase the first version of anything. This message brought to you by
Windows Vista. Smart Computing March 2007
***
Chris Gilland,

OK, guys get a load a this: I have Vista a bit back on my desktop. I

tried earlier tonight to re-install it, as I had a system crash a while back
and

had to format and have had xp on here since.

Well, I tried to enter the key at least 5 times and it wouldn't take. I call
Microsoft and told them

what was going on. Ya know what they told me?

Well Mister Gilland, because you have already installed it once, you can't
ever do so again.  The architect of Vista won't let you.

I then said, Ow'w'w Kayyyy?

Sow'w'w'w'w then'n'n'n... l'l'l'like wuhhduhh I do!

They then said easy. I can transfer you to customer service and you can buy
another copy and we'll ship it to ya.

I told them no, that they didn't follow, I didn't need another license, it
just wasn't taking my key.

They said that's cause you've already activated it once.

I then said well I crashed it was outta my control.

Well, sir, we can get you up and going once you buy it again.

Why should us consumers have to buy Vista again, just to suit their greeting
money hunger over just a stupid pc format! That to me is absurd! If that

is how they wanna do business, then I say forget it, I'll stay with xp.

Before yall ask: yes, I did try to speak with a supervisor, and they said
the same thing. I asked if I could at least read them the key I got and

let them make sure it's a valid key and that I wrote it down correctly, and
they did confirm it to be correct. I dono what to do. That was $199 now out

the window.