From: Lennie Rinaldi
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Dell and Demo programs

Hello Larry and all,

You brought up an interesting question for me. I have a Dell Desk top
and it came with all the bells and whistle.

I think that I still have those demo programs since day one (2004)
and I am wondering what ones you got rid of?

I keep coming across programs that I never use, but I am a little
concern whether I should uninstall them or just leave them alone
taking up valuable disk space.

Please let me know which ones you got rid of.

Thanks in advance,

Lennie

At 07:08 PM 7/6/2007, you wrote:
>I have a two year old Dell Inspiron running XP Pro and 2GB
>of memory and it is extremely stable and performs well.
>I can't recall all of it's bells and whistles just now but
>suffice it to say when I bought it I had them cram all of
>the computing power in it that was available at the time.
>The down side is that with Dell you will end up deleting a
>whole bunch of demo programs that Jaws doesn't like. I also
>installed my own copy of office-XP on it. Unfortunately you
>can't buy a machine with windows only installed on it from
>Dell. They need to squeeze in all of that stuff their
>affiliates pay them to install.
>
>Regards
>
>Larry Stansifer
>
>Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
>
>Sun Tzu.

http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives: