From: Scorpio
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] gold wave scripts

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid you're getting bogged by that one line.

If you take away that one line, what are you left with?

You're original question was if there is a central place to place *.ini
files, and if so, will the programs know to look for them there.

My answer to that was that *.ini files do not belong in one central place,
as they are placed all over your computer.

For example, you'll find *.ini files inside the Windows folder, the
C-Cleaner folder, to use your example, and various other folder, depending
on your computer's make up.

You cannot move a *.ini file from it's centralized program location and
expect the program to find it.

I honestly do not know what happens when you move a program's *.ini file.

In the case of Jaws, just to use an example, when you delete the default.ini
file from your Jaws settings folder, Jaws simply re-creates that file using
Jaws default settings, which means once that file is deleted, you have to
re-configure to your tastes.

Can I say with any definitive sureness that other programs do the same, no,
but I can that that each program on your computer contains, at least, one
*.ini file.

Hopefully, that explains my explanation.  Smiles.

Scorpio