Hi

In earlier versions of JAWS when you were positioned at a certain cell there
were keystrokes to read the cell in rows 1 through 5 of the same column and
there were keystrokes to read the cell in columns 1 through 5 of the same
row.  But in Excel 2010, which I am using, the functions to do the reading
of a specific column or row are still there, but know keystroke has been
assigned by Freedom Scientific.  So I created keystroke assignments for
these functions and they work fine.   The default script source for Excel in
JAWS 18 states that it is for Excel 2013 and higher.

So below are the key assignments I used for these functions.  Copy these key
assignments and paste them into a file.  Make sure the file is named
excel.jkm.  Move this file into your JAWS user settings folder, assuming
that there is not already a file there with the same name.  If there is
already a file with that name, then these keystrokes must be put in to that
file.

[Common Keys]
control+Alt+1=ColumnFirstCellFromTop
control+Alt+2=ColumnSecondCellFromTop