Just to clear this up, I believe you made a simple typing error at the end of your post. A 32 bit version of JAWS will not work on a 64 bit system even though many 32 bit programs will JAWS is an exception in this case. Also the 32 bit version has X86 in it's name to distinguish itself.

-----Original Message----- From: Flor Lynch
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:16 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] differences between regular jaws verses non tandem kind of confused.

Hi,
I wouldn't worry too much about tandem versus non-tandem versions in your
case. (The appropriate tandem settings come with the Home Edition when you
install.) Is your Windows Operating System 64-bit or 32-bit? (Most
contemporary systems sport 64-bit.) Depending on which it is, choose either
the 32-bit or the 64-bit Home Edition of JAWS. (The 32 or 64 is in the file
name of the version you download.) A 32-bit version of JAWS will not run on
a 32-bit Windows.

-----Original Message----- From: Sue J. Ward