No, as far as I've read, HTML5 has many more accessibility considerations than previous versions. It's implementation is however another matter.
Glen

---
On 4-Dec-2017 11:06 am, Samuel White wrote:
It is mainly html 5.0 that causes a problem with IE and later version of
JAWS such as 14.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2017 1:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] another browser question

I also have been a long time IE user, but realize some sites just don't work
with it anymore and then mostly I use Firefox, which I find easier to use
than Chrome. But I still have an older version of Jaws, which is 14 and I
wonder how much that plays into things. I know the person initially who asks
has Jaws 18,  but I just wonder how much the version of Jaws has to do with
the accessibility of the browser, or is it just the changes in websites
these days in general. Thanks in advance.  Judy & Libby