There are a range of standard camers out there that can connect for
scanning.  Is there a good reason for using the Pearl and what is the cost?

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Dave...Oregonian
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] VFO's Pearl Camera offer

Adrian,
The Pearl needs a USB connection to a computer, and it requires either using
JAWS 2018 in Convenient OCR mode, or Openbook. It is portable, as it folds
down into a roughly 3x3x20 inch case. Mine sits on my desk ready to use.

Very quick compared to a standard flatbed scanner, since it snaps a picture
rather than scanning across the document.

Don't have a Kurzweil, so cannot compare. Call me on the phone if you want
to talk more about it.

Phone number to follow.

Dave