From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:25 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] VFO's Pearl Camera offer

Hi, Adrian

I have the Pearl/Open Book combination.  I use the camera for physical
scanning.  It scans faster than a flat or curved bed scanner but scanning books
must be done face up, presenting a bit of a problem for pressing down securely
to get a good scan read.  I resolved the press down issue by putting a piece of
glass over the book to be scanned and pressing down.  Scanning is then pretty
comparable to the larger flat/curved bed machines.   The camera is mounted on a
tripod, which folds up for travel.  In all, I'm pleased with the setup.

On 12/16/2017 12:27 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
> JAWS 2018 purchasers are being offered a deal on VFO's Pearl Camera. I'd be
> interested in any thoughts on the value of this device. For example, if I'm
> away from my PC, does taking a photo with the Pearl have any use? Also, how
> does the Pearl/JFW compare to the KNFB Reader or any other accessible OCR
> device? Thanks. If I'm not asking the right questions, please ask and answer
> them for me!!

James C. Pursley
Chief Investment Officer
Gaia Capital Management
www.gaiacapital.com
jim.purs...@gaiacapital.com
Underpinned by sustainably growing cash dividends from quality
  companies, we seek long term client account growth