Try maximizing the window by pressing alt-spacebar, releasing, then pressing x.
If that solves the problem, you can make the setting permanent in the
properties/shortcut dialog.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Mailing Lists
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:52 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 17 reading blank in Word and excel files!

Hi All,

Just loaded JAWS 17 onto a new windows 10 computer. Now when I load up MS Word
16 documents or an Excel file JAWS is saying blank even though there is text
contained within the Word document or numerical data in the Excel documents. I
am not sure if this is a compatibility issue or not. JAWS 17 will read the
title bar and other extraneous material of the documents window but will not
read the general text typed up inside the document or spreadsheets themselves.
I have also downloaded a current JAWS 2018 and ran it in demo mode but still
the same result.
Just wondered if anyone else had an issue like this.

Many thanks for feedback.

Paul.