From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
joediner...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] reading pdf's in Edge?

Good Morning

I had the same issue with Adobe. That dialog box continues to come up and
Adobe never becomes the default program. Here is the solution

1 - Find a PDF file and hit your applications key while focus is on it and
arrow up to properties and hit enter
2 - Shift tab to the change button and hit enter
3 - Tab once until you get to the list box of applications that could open
PDF files with and arrow up or down until you find Adobe
4 - Once you have it highlighted tab to the ok button and hit enter
5 - Tab to the ok button again and hit enter.
6 - You should now be able to open PDFs with Adobe, moreover if your JAWS is
up to date it will actually tell you the file is not accessible and prompt
you if you want it to OCR and read it for you.

Hope that helps

Joe