Thanks, it was indeed Eloquence.

Margaret

On 5/6/2018 2:32 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
Press together the three keys control+JAWS key+s. JAWS will verbalize the
currently running synthesizer. Make a mental note of it, then arrow up and down
to see if you have others running on your system. Be sure to return focus to
the original line before escaping out of the dialog, unless you mean to change
synthesizers.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
Margaret Thomas
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 1:44 PM
To: JAWS-Users <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Finding Out Which Synthesizer and Voice I'm Using

Good Afternoon:

I admit to not paying much attention to changes in JAWS for the last several
versions.  Could some kind person please tell me how I can find out which
synthesizer and voice/person I am using?  I'm pretty sure it is Eloquence and
it is a male voice.  I'm running J18 on 64 bit Windows
7 and I don't want to end up with another voice I can't understand while I
fumble around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret