Thanks for the suggestions. I saved your previous email, so I'll go back and take a look at that. One of the computers is running Vista, the other is running Windows 7 and neither have been reformatted, so the driver issue is unlikely. Plus, the Windows 7 computer had the problem from day one, even when not running JAWS or any screen reader. It was my sighted wife's computer and it would shut down sometimes while she was watching Netflix. She got so frustrated, she quit using the Windows computer altogether. She does everything on her iPad now.

I have no idea what the temperatures are. I'll have to go find one of those programs that lets me check those values.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Jeff