I got a sweet deal on Office 2016 and I specifically did not want Office 365
as I feel rather opposed to the subscription-based approach to software.
However, from a certain perspective, it does make sense. So, it's up to you.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
Jim Pursley
Sent: July 12, 2018 8:50 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Have to get new MS office suite

We just upgraded to Office 365 from Thunderbird email client and Office
2010.  I don't do much with Word, but with O365 I didn't need to uninstall
anything.  Just got a Microsoft account, bought the O365 home with 5
connections and so far it's running pretty smoothly.  I've never used
Outlook, so I kept Tbird.  After a few days (I'll read the FS tutorial on
Outlook I bought recently) I can do everyday stuff like send, receive,
forward, etc.  Bottom line, I've not found Office 2016 (which I downloaded)
much different than 2010-especially for Excel which I constantly use.  I
even see some benefits to Outlook over Thunderbird.  The exchange server we
had to get with O365 works faster and more reliably than our former server
of the POP variety.  So..kicking and screaming I upgraded and survived with
a growing smile on my face.