Hi I did some of this, but now the thing says leaving menus, and am not sure where it is. Will be checking it tomorrow morning, as is getting very late here. But appreceaate any help I can get because no instructors in this region. Thank you for helping me. Why does this thing now say: leaving menus when I have finally gotten to the start menu? Virus may be running now. Tech guy has it set for six hours! Not sure how to get time less. But need someone to walk me through it so I won't mess up too much. Thanks again. Karen

----- Original Message -----
From: Carlene Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:46:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] need help with a problem caused when I
had hired atechnician here who knows nothing about Jaws:

What list box are you in? What does it say exactly, or can you
tell?  Sometimes
JAWS needs a fresh view of the screen so if you hold down insert
and hit escape,
JAWS should say screen refreshed, or screen updated. There might
be something
going on that JAWS needs a refreshed screen to see. AVG should
run a scan
sometime between 10 and 4, but it shouldn't take 6 hours. Alt
tab away from
that window and then try to get to start if you haven't tried
that already.  If
that doesn't work, perhaps you can load your internet program
from the desktop
by hitting the windows start key and the letter m at the same
time.  then you
might be able to arrow around and find your internet program or
hit the first
letter of your program until you find it, then hit enter as
always.  Hope that
helps.