Hmm that's interesting you found folks to help so much. I have had some offers, and glad for those. Feel like I will never catch up. How do you get to the tutorial on the disk? That's one problem I have. Confused about getting to the tutorial to learn in the first place. Wish we could have instructions on cd instead for us new users and I hate the way instruction is on computer you don't know how to use in the first place. Think your instructor was quite correct, but now problem is, how to correct everything I know not. Karen and Harpo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patricia Dunbar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 23:18:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] need help with
aproblemcausedwhenIhadhiredatechnician here who knows nothingabout Jaws:

I learned from this list and from other people who took time to
show me.  I
did have 40 hours to learn...xp, jaws, excel, quicken, open book
way back in
2001 hahhaha

The guy was from the division of blind services he did the best
he could and
I read and read and ask zillions of questions and brailled
everything anyone
ever told me because I just knew no way I could ever remember all
of it and
for sure would be in a situation one day where no help was
available and I
figured the more info I had available to me the better...
But I really believe the more one uses their computer on a
regular and daily
bases, the more they become familiar with it. All of these
programs can be
found in tutorials or within the help menus of that program to at
least help
you to learn the hot keys to use the programs.

I have a sister who is a true fan of Word Perfect absolutely
hates Word.  So
she gets in these jams and calls me, but I know nada on WP and
tell her to
use Word,grins she hangs up on me,lol hahhah

But one thing I like about windows and most of all windows based
programs is
the hot keys are the same in most instances...the cut, copy,
paste for
instance can be used globally and for that I am grateful so not
have to
learn some other hot keys on how to do the same thing..

Read your help files on your Jaws, my instructor told me to learn
jaws first
before I could learn to use the computer because the jaws is your
eyes..

Patricia