I may be a little late replying to this, sorry if the question has already been answered.

If you have trouble converting directly from .wma to .mp3 files, I suggest that you first convert the file to .wav and then to mp3.

Hope this helps,

Paul

At 04:58 PM 11/1/2008, you wrote:
Yes I quite agree about goldwave. it's very good, however, I have a file which for the life of me will not convert from wma to mp3, and yet I have had no trouble with others. Is there any reason for that? thanks.kk.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] converting MP3 files

Goldwave is a good one, go to www.goldwave.com for more information.
To download JAWS scripts, go to www.blindgeekzone.net
Goldwave is not free, you have to buy it. The scripts are free though. To convert files, do not open a new file, stay in the main window and on the file menu click batch processing. The goldwave scripts are found on the programmes page of the blind geek zone website. The goldwave audio tutorials are found on the audio page of the blind geek zone website. The tutorials are done by Rick Harmon and he is the owner of the blind geek zone website.
Hope this helps!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Candy Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>