I have Windows Vista and Jaws 9 on a new X300 with four gigs of ram and Jaws freezes for me too. IT does sometimes come back but frequently the only solution seems to press the power button and re-boot.

I still have not installed Jaws 10.

So far I have not identified a cause, I suspect sometimes it comes from arrowing about too quickly although why it happens I am not sure.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kerie Doyle" <ker...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:28 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws freezing sometimes in vista?

Hi all
Just wondering has anyone found this problem, I could be doing anything,
today I've just been navigating the internet trying to search in combo
boxes, using messenger, and also just generally navigating web pages, and I
find, that sometimes, for absolutely no reason I can figure out, jaws will
just stop talking and can take some time to start talking again, in order
for this to happen I normally press insert t but sometimes I will just wait,
anyone else finding this problem?
And if so, what did you do to fix it?
I'm running vista home premium.
Thanks in advance,
Kerie Doyle

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-le...@jaws-users.com
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
jaws-users-list-requ...@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the following address:
blind-computing-j...@jaws-users.com